Have you ever gotten halfway through the summer and realized you haven’t done any fun summer activities yet? Life can get in the way, so making a list of summer bucket list ideas is a great way to keep summer fun at the top of your mind.
Why Make a Summer Bucket List?
Making a summer bucket list is like setting goals in your business or life -- it gives you a chance to explore your dreams and make a plan for achieving them. It’s also something tangible that you can go to when the kids say they are bored or the family is looking for something fun to do over the weekend.
A bucket list is great for kids too since it can help kids to see how achievable their goals and dreams really are!
How to Make a Summer Bucket List
Making a summer bucket list is simple!. Start by brainstorming what you want to do or accomplish during the summer season. Think about:
- things you’ve done in the past that the family liked
- summer fun you had as a child that you would like to share with your own children
- activities you’ve always wanted to try (but haven’t)
Have the whole family add to the brainstorm and then organize your bucket list ideas into a list.
15 Summer Bucket List Ideas for the Whole Family
If you’re ready to start your summer bucket list, use these ideas to get your creative juices flowing!
- Take a road trip
- Go on a nature hike
- Make homemade ice cream
- Go swimming
- Catch fireflies
- Have a bonfire
- Make smores
- Make beach art
- Go whale watching
- Stand under a waterfall
- Make seashell necklaces
- Have a water balloon fight
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Go to a drive-in movie
- Watch a favorite summer movie
Summer Bucket List Journals
A bucket list can be as simple or as complex as you like. A pen and paper will do for a quick bucket list. Just write down your ideas and tack it to the refrigerator.
Many families find that once they have their bucket list made and start working through it, they want a way to record all of their fun memories.
You can create your own bucket journal by writing each item at the top of a blank piece of copy paper (the open space will be for adding photos, mementos, thoughts, and ideas).
Then, just staple the pages together at the end of the summer!
But if you don’t want to go to the trouble of creating your own bucket list journal just grab one of our premade bucket journals:
- Summer Bucket List Journal - Summer is the time to shake off the cobwebs and explore. Get out to the beach, spend time with family and friends, or just relax by the pool. There is much to celebrate in the summer.
- Beach Bucket List Journal - Do you have a favorite beach vacation memory from your childhood? It’s the perfect place to get out, spend time with family and friends, and make memories.
- 4th of July Bucket List Journal - Celebrate the holiday with family and friends. Have a place for the memories for years to come.
These bucket list journals combine the fun of creating goals for the season with an organized place to capture your memories! Each bucket journal includes bucket list ideas as well as blank pages for your own ideas.
What are you going to put on your bucket list?