Unique Bucket List Ideas To Get Out of Your Comfort Zone
If you’re planning your bucket list, you may be looking for unique bucket list ideas to spice up your choices of activities. It’s a great idea to step outside of the box (and outside your comfort zone) once in a while. As Author Shannon L. Alder says:
“Life always begins with one step outside of your comfort zone.”
While it can be uncomfortable, trying new and unusual things can be exactly what you need. Choosing bucket list items that stir up feelings of fear, doubt, and excitement is a sure sign you’re on the right track!
Why a Bucket List?
Bucket lists are a great way to plan goals and dreams so that you actually achieve them. It’s easy to get lost in the hustle and bustle of daily life and forget to make time for your dreams.
A bucket list is a tangible way to keep those dreams and goals in your awareness. If you choose to use a bucket journal, it can also help you plan your activities and record your memories (more on that below!).
Unique Bucket List Ideas
If you’re planning your bucket list, you might be looking for bucket list ideas that are a little more out of the box. Check out these unique bucket list ideas that are sure to inspire you!
- Plan a rags and riches vacation (spend half of the nights camping and the other half at a luxury hotel)
- Go on a jungle safari
- Get your pilot’s license
- Enjoy Oktoberfest in Munich
- Spend a few months abroad
- Visit all of the U.S. National Parks
- Investigate popular songs and their covers (and decide which one is better!)
- Have and record your gratitude every morning
- Visit every ballpark in the U.S.
- Sleep in an ice cave
- Take an art class in Paris
- Swim in Bali
- Herd sheep in Ireland
- Do yoga in central park
- Go on an African safari
- Hike the Appalachian trail
- Travel to where your ancestors lived and learn about your family tree
- Be an invited speaker at an event
- Become a certified diver
- Dive with sharks
- Build an igloo and spend the night
- Go white water rafting
- Sail around the world
- Go base jumping
- Go paragliding
- See the Aurora Borealis
- Go dog sledding
- Visit Buckingham palace
- Travel to another state or country attend a concert
Unique Ways to Record Your Bucket List
Unique bucket list ideas are only the beginning! You may also enjoy a unique way to keep track of your bucket list ideas as well as a way to record your memories as you check those bucket list items off the list.
That’s where a bucket journal comes in. Bucket journals are a great way to create your bucket list as well as record all of the fun you have doing your bucket list items. Here are some fun ones to inspire you:
- Books and Their Movies - discover movies based on books and decide which one is better!
- Ballparks of America - venture to all of the ballparks in the U.S. and enjoy your favorite sport with trivia, sports fan’s activities, and a 2-page spread for each ballpark.
- Songs and Their (Sometimes More Famous) Covers - learn about songs and their covers and figure out which ones you know (and love!).
- The U.S. National Parks - explore the national parks with this bucket journal that doubles as a travel journal.
- Our Marriage Bucket Journal - learn to cherish your spouse while building amazing memories together!
There’s a bucket journal for everyone! Grab the ones that are right for you.
Which of these ideas is making it onto your bucket list?
Also in News
Wisconsin State Parks eloquently display the state's vast physical features, from sandstone gorges to lush rolling prairies and even sunny beaches along Lake Michigan. Yet, did you know that the Badger State is home to more than 40 waterfalls?